Monday, June 08, 2009

Absolutely Great!

The girls are in the NICU right now... but for no reason other that "the books" say they should be! They are continuously breathing on their own with no need for stimulation, they are active and respond to us anytime we are at the bedside, and both vigorously sucking on their binky's! I will be able to feed them in the morning as they want to give them a night of rest. They are both on IV fluids to stay hydrated and antibiotics "just in case." We could not be happier! Above is Aspen... she looked so comfy we didn't want to move her for a better shot :) But trust us there will be plenty more to come! They are absolutely adorable and we are so excited they are here!
Here is little Miss Brooke just snug as a bug. I can't wait until I can just squeeze them both! John and Hannah are on their way here now and John said he can't get here fast enough as Hannah wants to see me and the girls "now"... :) He said she is so excited and is already talking about holding them and giving them kisses!
I only got a picture of Daddy with Brooke as the Doctor came to update us on the girls before we took a pic with Aspen. He basically said... "I'm here to see if you have any other questions... they're still doing perfectly and I don't expect that to change! Let me know if anything comes up!" It's so crazy since everything happened so quickly! But it has all turned out just perfectly! I am a quick walk across the hall from the girls and can go in to see them at any and all times! I have my own little "large" room that is wonderfully comfortable and can come and go as I please. They provide all meals for me and have been more than accommodating since we've shown up... it really is great! Will update again, probably tomorrow as I'm ready for some rest now! Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are stinkin beautiful! I couldn't get your first post to load the picture on my phone so this is the first time I have seen them! love the names too! congrats from the browns! Ady will love having some friends!

Jyeshe said...

Christina, I am so excited for you! They are so beautiful and such a blessing! God is so good!
Jess (from high school)