Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our first outing!

One of the deals when we were discharged from the NICU on Sunday was that we would have to see our Pediatrician in 1-2 days to do a "weight check." Here are the girls patiently waiting for the doctor even though they were overdue for their feeding. They were content but completely curious as to what was going to come next!

They great news is... Aspen is back to her birth weight at 4lbs 11oz and Brooke is close... She is currently 4lbs 14oz! We must be doing something right! This picture is the girls with Dr.Aguilar who is their Pediatrician. I work with him at the hospital and he is one of the best most caring Pediatricians I have ever met. I would trust him with my own kids even! ;) Obviously why I take them to see him out of all of those available! When he heard I was in labor he came to the delivery even though he wasn't on call that day.

By the end of the appointment the girls were definitely at their limit and I'm definitely not brave enough to nurse them together at the same time in public, so............ I brought along some of the milk I had previously pumped and the girls and I enjoyed some outdoor time in the shade while they filled their little belly's! For a first time outing on my own with the girls, it went pretty smooth! Who knows... maybe I'll try it again! ;)

When we got home there was a package on the front step and Hannah was excited! After opening it and helping her sisters look at their presents from Aunt Lis.... Hannah grabbed her new notebook and went to work making plans for crowns from the wrapping paper! I love her imagination!

And of course dress up is never complete unless Sadie is involved! She looks thrilled huh?
P.S. My nephew Bryan and his fiance are expecting their first baby and they have started a blog "Nacho Baby"... for the Grandma's out there, translates to... Not your baby! ;) Check it out!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

You are amazing! I am always amazed that there is another post!! The girls are so precious!

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Thank you! Having to pump every 3hrs until the girls are closer to "term" gives me a lot of somewhat free time! :) I'm sure when we are not on such an exact schedule and I am trying to figure out two babies... posts will slow down a bit! ;)