Thursday, June 25, 2009

What day is it again?

Well since arriving home things have been.... well... a little blurry! Thank goodness it is summer when the sun rises early and sets late! If it were any different I'm sure my days and nights would be confused! Twins are definitely a challenge and I suggest if you are ever going to have them that they are your first set of children, not the 3rd and 4th or 5th and 6th! (As if we had a choice, ha!) I'm not saying parents of singletons don't work hard (Hannah was beyond a challenge alone!) but... parenting has taken on a whole new meaning now! Including the filling up of our car as you can see in the picture above! Poor John has been riding in the cargo area while my Mom is in town! Where does the diaper bag fit again?

Father's Day dinner was celebrated at Outback this year... It was non-optional to cook at home as we were all pretty pooped after our first week at home with the twins! The food was delicious! And what a Dad... took on triple duty overnight!

Hannah loved the bread so much she thought it should be in the picture!

And oh the creative ways we are entertaining Hannah as she transitions to "Big sister" (of not 1 but 2 new babies) and is no longer the only child. She has done wonderful. Since the almost 2 weeks we have been home there has been only 1 breakdown... I'd say that's pretty good! She's incredible! This was the day that we painted each other's faces. Well I painted Hannah's and she painted ours!

I'd say she may just have the skills to be a professional face painter when she grows up!

Grandma got a little extra in the eyebrows! I'm pretty sure one is still green! What a great sport she is!

Here the girls went to visit Dr.Gregerson... he only met them briefly as my entire labor happened so quickly so they went back to say hello! This is the doctor that I have been blogging about since the beginning of my pregnancy with the twins. He has blessed our family beyond belief. If only he knew how much he has impacted our family showing us the heart of a "giver." We have all learned so much from him. Compassionate and caring, encouraging us to be better just by being himself. We not only found a phenomenal physician, but a friend as well. John already has plans to build a cedar canoe with him (they both love woodworking) and I have plans to enjoy those canoes! To pay him back is not even an option... he has done so much more for us then I think he even knows! To say we are grateful doesn't even begin to scratch the surface!

We have also been receiving gifts from around the country... This is one of Hannah's favorite! Kisses from Auntie Shirl and Lauren in Kentucky!

Hannah has also been enjoying this warm/hot weather! She is now the proud owner of a slip-n-slide and has been enjoying it thoroughly!

And Grandma has been enjoying "shade bathing" while Hannah has a blast in water and sun!
So Aunt Nancy... I apologize for the lack of blogging! ;) And I am especially sorry after all of that there is only one picture of the twins! I have been using Mom's camera and her memory card isn't compatible with our camera so we need to run to Walmart and have all of the pictures put on a disk before I can post them! :( I'm sorry! Promise to pick it up and do better next time! ;)

No comments: