Saturday, May 03, 2008

Fun times and updates!

This is my friend Eva. I know I've introduced you before, but a reminder just in case. We get to spend a few Wednesdays together until her Grandma starts summer break... then I will have to go visit her there. Mom says it's been the greatest idea ever because I have a friend who I love to play with almost all day, and I am now officially daytime pottytrained. (This isn't even a false alarm or wishful thinking! It's true!) Eva has been working on the whole potty thing and finally had been accident free for a while before coming to my house on Wednesday April 23, 2008.

So Mom decided it was the perfect motivation for me to see my friends new accomplishment! And would you believe it... it worked! I have been in big girl underwear for a little over a week with only 2 accidents! Mom and Dad stay right on top of things, but I am even starting to tell them when I have to go sometimes! This morning I woke up at 7am and cried so Mom knew I had to go potty. I got up and went, and then even went back to bed until 9am! (Mom says I sleep so late now because I never slept as a baby!) But I can officially say it.... I'm a Big Kid Now! Mom also says it's perfect timing because I only had 4 diapers left when I started wearing big girl underwear! Woo Hoo underwear! Woo Hoo no diapers!

I've taught Eva how to make the funny face and we wanted Mom to take a picture so we could look at it. Since we knew we were going to see ourselves making the funny face, we made it with extra intensity! Looks like it hurts doesn't it! (Mom says don't try this at home, because it does hurt!)

There was sand everywhere when we got finished! I kept explaining to Eva that when you play in the sand it gets between your toes and it will keep going in between your toes, so there is no sense in cleaning them till we were done. But... she doesn't like sand in between her toes so she would play a little... clean in between her toes... play a little... clean in between her toes... a vicious cycle really!


Then our Mom's got us together to frost the cookies for Baby Ellie's welcoming/dedication party. As you can see above, very little frosting made it onto the cookies. Our Mom's had to finish without us.

Then all of my friends came over to play and brought their parents too! Everyone contributed something and Boom! It turned into a party!


You have to make the funny face at a party!

It was complete with cake and conversation...

Fun in the jump house...
Multiple games of chase... (With David in the lead of course! It's his favorite game)


and more jumping! Needless to say, I was exhausted at the end of the night and requesting to go to bed. It was a great day though and a super successful great week! I'm potty trained! Yea me! Yea potties! Yea big girl underwear! Yea freedom!

1 comment:

Knittin Ko said...

Way to go Hannah! That is a huge accomplishment. We adults take our potty training skills for granted because little do we know how difficult it is. That is, until we get our own kids and have to train them ourselves. Enjoy your big girl underwear, it'll be another 70-80 years before you gotta put them back on again... LoL! (Sorry, that's pretty gross, huh?)