Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mudfest 2008

This morning I woke up and Mom told me we were going to a mudfest and I was going to get as dirty as I wanted to in the ooey...gooey...mud!

I wasn't sure if I could trust her.... Let me get as dirty as I want to? But sure enough... we arrived to a gigantic mud pit with three volleyball nets and plenty of mud for anyone and everyone!


This was defintely the best idea ever! Thanks Trina for making so much mud for me to play in!


Some of my friends were there and things got pretty crazy with everyone diving in the mud and balls flying everywhere. Sometimes we would even see someone sneak up behind their friend and tackle them in the mud! To be saft Hannah Joy and I pinky swore (don't worry we didn't really swear, we don't even know what that is!), but we pinky swore that we wouldn't push each other in.... and just to be safe we held hands most of the time in case one of us fell in so we could help pull each other out!

When David got bored climbing the dirt hills we let him in on the pact and he decided to join hands as well... he got bored pretty quick though and left us to go climb hills again.

Hannah Joy's Dad Randy was the megaphone guy so he would let her and I take turns yelling "Go!" into the megaphone... we absolutely loved it! Hannah Joy is such a great friend, you can even tell in this picture that she was rooting for me to yell a great go just at the right time!


Mom and Dad counted as one person and took turns playing games.... They had a blast! Mom defintely wasn't as dirty as Dad though!


Just when we thought we were safe because everyone had left the mudpits, Hannah Joy and I let go of each others hands to explore on our own... I told you it wasn't safe though! Just as we let go our friend Lorelei showed up and started a mudfight with us! We think we won though cause it was 2 against 1 and we were left standing at the end! =)

Whenever I played in the mud Mom and Dad stayed close by because it was so slippery and messy! They were afraid if I fell in they might loose me!

After volleyball there were tug-o-war matches! Dad is the 2nd guy from the left pulling! (In case he's too muddy for you to tell!)



I had a blast and was a little upset when we had to leave! Mom said not to worry, there will be another one next year!

And by the way... Going on 3weeks potty trained now. Today was my first experience with a port-a-potty. I kept asking Dad what was down there and he would just tell me to go pee pee and not look down there because it was yucky. I was ok with that and did my thing! Yea me!


And here is a short relatively boring video, but I thought it shows just how cool the day really was! Everyone should have a mudfest!

2 comments:

Knittin Ko said...

Hey, that is the most foul and yet the coolest thing I've ever heard any group of people doing! Are you sure there were really grownups in that crowd? Thanks for sharing, I wonder if there are people in Chicago who would be interested in doing something like this.

Unknown said...

I miss your family! Every one of you, down to Sadie and Mystic. Come to Bend over the summer and then we can go kayaking or swimming or something for ol' times sake:-)