Monday, April 21, 2008

The mighty and brave!... Or crazy!

We've recently had some friends approach us wanting to learn to kayak. Sounds great! We live really close to Lake Lowell, it will be fun, Hannah can play on the beach, John is ecstatic to get back in a boat, and overall will be a good time with friends!

Not when the weather drops and it is FREEZING outside! But we have this very determined friend Trina who is an amazing leader in our generation.... So since she wanted to press on... Press on we did! Or I guess I should say... they did! John asked me what I was going to wear if I let Trina borrow all of my gear? My response was simple... Unless someone is drowning and there is not another sould willing to save them, I have absolutely no intentions whatsoever of getting in that ice cold water in 35degree weather. I think all of you are crazy. So away went John, Micah, Trina, and Maddie into the freezing water for the next 2 hrs. They were beyond frozen. Lucky I'm a mom now and was prepared with hot water and hand warmers! I rock as a mom! =)


So we bundled Hannah in her snowsuit, packed lots of hot cocoa and cider, and had a warm blast of fun on the beach while the rest of those crazies froze!

Maddie's artistic shot of her Hot Cocoa..


Trina and Micah... Part of the Crazies!

3 comments:

Knittin Ko said...

Oh my John is definitely crazy! What would possess a person besides undying love for kayaking to go out there in that cold? I would have been on the shore with you too! By the way, I love the expression on Trina's face in the last picture. I imagine a thought bubble above her head. I wonder what she was laughing about so you could catch her smiling like she played a good trick on someone....

Jack said...

I hope Uncle John teaches me to kayak some day too! I like warm water though!

I updated my blog finally! Had to have some birthday pictures up!

Love,
Jack

Jack said...

P.S. I figured out how to attach my picture to my comment! Thanks for the tip!