Thursday, July 05, 2007

Post-nap July 4th

So I awoke from my nap, ate dinner (I was so tired from the day I didn't wake up till 5:00!), then mom and dad took me outside. I heard a loud pop and then all these ribbons shot out of dad's hand!

I played with the ribbon for a while but then I got bored. Mom and Dad kept laughing and shooting ribbons and confetti everywhere... they're silly sometimes. I on the other hand had more important things to do. It was getting dark and I knew at any second I might have to go to bed.


I don't get it... They still haven't taken me to bed!

Check it out... still playing even though it's getting darker!

Then it happened... It was so dark I couldn't even see and we decided to go for a walk! It was the best night ever... I finally get to see what Mom and Dad do after I go to bed. You would not believe it!

After kids go to bed, the best I can understand is that everywhere parents start to celebrate! I would hear whistling and loud booms, then showers of beautiful colors everywhere. Too many places for me to watch at one time! It was the most amazing thing and I wasn't even scared! We walked to the school field really close to our house and it was the best neighborhood show ever! Big huge fireworks... like at the city show!


Poor Hannah Joy... she's still a little younger than me and just couldn't stay up that late. I finally went to bed at 11:15. (I'm almost 20 months you know!) But she never let go of her flag! I think I'll stay up tonight and she what mom and dad do then!

1 comment:

Randy said...

You are really old... you are already in the 20's!!!
That is Crazy!

Thanks for letting me borrow your dress for the day, it was fun to dress up together and be BIG STARS in our 1st parade!

Hannah Joy