Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Dad... My Hero...

Today while mom was mowing the backyard she got attacked by wasps! (Don't worry she somehow avoided getting stung but like 20 of them were dive bombing her head!) So she screamed like a lady should and went to get my dad. My dad went on a wasp hunting mission! He found a tiny nest in our yard but said there was only 2 or 3 wasps... So he went on a bigger mission! Next thing you know he has found 2 mambo jambo nests right next door which explains why they attacked when mom was mowing near their home.

So being the good samaritan that he is, he knocked on our neighbors door with a big smile and asked if he could kill their wasps? They were very excited... (they're kind of old) and even gave him wasp spray that they bought a long time ago waiting to get around to it!


So here is one of the two nests which doesn't look very big, but dad said it's huge for a nest on a house. It was holding approx 50 wasps! Yikes! So again I say my dad is my hero cause now my mom won't get stung when she mows the lawn. And he saved the life of the dog next door named CD even though he barks all the time and keeps mom and dad awake when they sleep with the window open. Mom hoped that he would get stung and have his throat swell just enough so he couldn't bark.... no luck! So if you have any wasps just let my dad know... he loves the adrenaline rush you get after spraying the nest and having 50 wasps come shooting out of the nest while you are 15 ft up in the air on a ladder!

1 comment:

Knittin Ko said...

Wow, Daddy Daurer is so brave! I would have been screaming like a little school girl and ran into the house, while the mower goes on a rampage. Good job, John! (If I ever have wasp nests, I'll fly you out to Chicago so you can spray water on a 15 ft ladder and deal with the 50 wasps that come flying out. Eeek!)