Wednesday, November 01, 2006

11months 12days 12hrs 14min ?sec

"That is how long it took me to walk! I was checking out David's blog yesterday and it made me think of all that babies out there that are walking already. So this morning I took a 2 1/2 hour nap woke up and thought 'Self...you need to walk!' My mom put me down on the ground in a standing position as usual after lunch but here's where the story gets exciting! Usually I squat down and crawl away, but not today! I kept my balance, put one foot in front of the other, and took 5 steps forward! Mommy and Grandma stood there in shock. Then they started cheering and clapping which scared me so I started crying. I was pretty excited though as you can tell from the picture above. My mom took that picture right after I walked. She kept trying to encourage me to walk again so she could show daddy but I don't feel ready to walk for the cameras quite yet. Besides I think I'll wait and show him in person!"
Just as a quick note...Hannah did show her dad how she could walk when he got home from work! She is so big!

2 comments:

jjschulz said...

Congratulations Hannah! You have joined the ranks of the walkers. We should get together and go walking soon. =)
Love,
David

Anonymous said...

Way to walk Hannah, way to walk! Much love and see you at your birthday, darlin'. -Lorelei