Monday, September 24, 2007

The results are in!

Here I am with mom right after she crossed the finish line! And here are the results!

Bib # 578
Christina Daurer
Nampa, ID
27
F
466th place out of over 12,000!

Finish 00:35:02.2


Mom said she was determined to finish in under 35:00 but her legs just wouldn't go any faster even as she looked up at the clock only to see how close she actually was! I am so proud of her though. Even though I train with her everyday I couldn't be in this race cause they said anyone with a stroller had to walk the whole thing. Mom said that we'd keep training and at the end of October there is a race that I can run in with her. I am so excited!


Grandma flew all of the way from Illinois to visit and as a bonus I got to play with her during mom's race!
Papa couldn't run either because it was a women's fitness celebration and mom said boys weren't allowed! But we had fun celebrating together afterwards!

Here's the band that entertained during and after the race. I just love music and really wanted to go up on stage with them! Instead I just danced in the grass for everyone. Below is a video of me and papa dancing! It was so much fun, I can't wait to race again!





2 comments:

Jaxma99 said...

CONGRATS CHRISTINA!!!!! I'm so excited for you that you're running again and racing to boot! That's fantastic!!! I started running again too, but then I fell down the stairs at school on my birthday and my bone is still sore...my ankle bone. :) Let's think about a race in the spring to run together! That would be fun! Congrats again!!!!!

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

We should so run in that race together! We've only been talking about it for 3yrs now!!! Lets make a semi-for sure commitment! Is there such a thing?