Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's our turn again!

We're Expecting!!!!!!
(Are you sitting down for this one?)

TWINS!
(Should I say it again? We had to hear it at least 2 times before we started breathing again and at least 4 times before we believed it!)

I'll just say it again.... TWINS!



Yep... there they are! Baby 1 and Baby 2... Uno, dose... Two... Two... TWO!
It gets better than that... As of right now it appears they will be identical twins! I know, I know... don't ask me, I haven't a clue. It's still pretty early (somewhere around 7 1/2 - 8 weeks) so the doctor said we just may be missing the separating membrane at this point. He had to magnify the babies a ton to get the pics he did! I'll be back in a month and hopefully we'll find out then!



So this is Baby A and he/she had a great strong heartbeat already at 145 beats per minute!



And here is Baby B... he/she is just as strong coming in at 145 beats per minute as well!
We are beyond shocked, excited, speechless... the list goes on! So far everything looks great, but being so early along we could sure use some prayer that everything stays that way! With twins there are definitely a lot of different risks from single babies, but we believe this is no accident and everything will turn out just as it should! We can't believe it... TWINS!
I did a little research because I'm still being hit with huge waves of shock and the chances of having natural twins are 1.7%... the chances of natural identical twins are 0.4%! How did I fall into those statistics? The world may never know! Considering the pregnancy alone was a surprise for us (we were actually trying not to!) this comes as a greater surprise! TWINS!

16 comments:

joshandkarlee said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you three, John, Christina and Hannah Grace! We will be praying for y'all and for the twins!

jjschulz said...

Best news I had all day! I thought about it all day long...can't wait to meet them!

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Thanks Josh and Karlee! And Jamie I am right there with you! I look at the ultrasound pictures about... oh every 10 minutes or so, just to remind myself I am not crazy and this is really happening!

Stacie said...

Congrats!! Wow! Lots of goosebumps! What an amazing journey you have ahead. So excited and thankful that I get to hear about it even if it's through the blogging world. You best be getting to CO soon!!!!

Jaxma99 said...

Cousins! Cousins! And more Cousins!!! So exciting! I can't believe it! Little John... the boy I met when he was 11! And now he'll be a dad of 3!!! Congrats!!!

The Cravens said...

WOWEE!!! Congratulations times TWO! How exciting! Best wishes and blessings to you.

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Thanks Stacie! I agree we need to get to CO before we have 3 to travel with! Oh my goodness! Good thing Hannah is getting older so that she can walk and we will still have to available backs to carry 2 babies when we go hiking!

Ang... All I have to say is there is no way we can increase the family tree alone! I think our ride stops here! :) So until Lis and Chris jump on the baby making train, I think you need to consider that you may have jumped off too soon and come back on! (Just Kidding!) A Dad of three... John might fall out of this chair if he actually sees that in writing!

Hey Tiya! You can say that again! I think I've only been able to utter out Oh wow! Thanks for the additional syllable so I can increase my "shocked" vocabulary.

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

That was supposed to be TWO available backs... not to Stacie! :)

Unknown said...

I am so excited! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! Love you so much! Can't wait to hear more about it!
Tara

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Oh Tara how we miss you! Wish we could make it to Seattle at some point! When will you visit Nampa again? We love you and hope you're doing great!

Lorelei said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I am so freaking excited for you guys. Twins are seriously the best, I'm convinced of it after nannying a couple different pairs. I've got experience from 10 weeks old up to 2.5 yrs old. Hit me up! I'll be praying in the meantime.

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

We'd be glad to give you prior to 10 week old experience Lorelei! After they are born I'm switching your number to speedial! =)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations - better you than us :) That is so exciting. Hannah is a perfect age to be a big helper and the kids will all be best of friends. We had a friend with twins and it was tough the 1st year but after that she swears it was easier than her 1st. We will hope for nothing but the best for you!
Steffens

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina!!

Wow!! How exciting for you all! What a surprise! 2 little dumplins' in the oven!!

Our big day will be Jan. 2nd - scheduled c-section. Keep us in your prayers and you'll be in mine.

I'm so excited for you!!

Julie Smith

Knittin Ko said...

Hi Daurer Family!

Congratulations on your news!! I found out around 3 am over the weekend on a long drive to Kansas City with my boyfriend. I said "Holy sh**" about 10 times before I could believe what I was seeing. That is so amazing, what great news. Actually, I had heard earlier the same day from my good friend that she was pregnant with her first child so it was a big day for sure! I can't wait to see more on your blog.

Ae-Jin

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Thanks for the encouragement Sara! We had always said that if we ever wanted twins it was first! It's a little intimidating when you know what you've gone through with one! =)

Juuuuuuuliiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!
I'm still so excited for you! I would love to hear the whole story at some point! I'm sure it's an exciting one! We should catch up! Are you still working?

Ae-Jin
I'm glad you weren't the driver when you found out the news! You should continue your drive to Idaho! Just a little out of the way you know! We'd love to see you and have you visit while there is still room! =)