Monday, August 11, 2008

All in a day's work...

Since I've started working 1 day a week, Hannah has really obtained some new skills! What Hannah and I do for fun is great, but what John and Hannah do for fun has brought a whole new meaning to the word! I got to observe this on Sunday as John asked Hannah if she wanted to help him in the shop. I watched and listed as Hannah yelled some form of language I could not understand (because she was so excited) and took off into the house. I looked to John for translation and he calmly said... "Oh she's going in to get her apron." As if that were obvious! Back in a flash she asked me to help get her apron on and promptly went to work. I guess Hannah has taken the role as "assistant" in the shop on the days that I work.... she loves it! Above she is helping carry some wood (what will be a stair) out to get all of the dust off.

Now don't worry it's not child labor... I don't think! ;) I hear plenty of stories including parks and water and hiking and kite flying amongst an array of other fun things. But Hannah lights up when she gets to help her Papi in the shop! It was great to witness! Currently they are working on replacing carpeted stairs with the wood stairs that John is building for one of my co-workers.


So excited! And sure she knows exactly what she's doing... I believe the quote was " I can do it! No help me Papi!".

Sign of a good Dad.... He lets you dip the entire brush into the finish.... even though he is so careful to only cover the tip with finish!


And if Becky ever sees this blog... Don't worry Hannah only put finish on the bottom of the stair. You will never ever see it (Unless you rip them up) which is also why you might notice the gigantic X on the bottom! She had a blast doing it though!

Definite Woman! Multitasking already!

2 comments:

The Cravens said...

This is sweet! It is so important for daddy and daughter to have a close relationship...It is heartwarming to see such a good example.

Jaxma99 said...

Enjoy the help in the shop while you can! Jack's visits to the shop are few and far between. Snakes and turtles are much more interesting. Looks like fun out there though!