Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh Glory! Grandma is Here!

But we don't have any pictures of her yet! Just as she flew in though the rain began to turn into big snowflakes and freezing rain! Good thing she didn't fly in any later! Mom told me that Grandma or "Ampa" as I call her... (My Grandpa's are "Apa's" FYI, don't know why everyone adds the Grand???) Anyways... Mom told me Grandma was coming on a plane about 2 weeks ago. Boy was that a mistake with my great memory, Dad said maybe part's are photographic like his! For 2 weeks Grandma's name was forbidden in our house. Mom said she didn't think about the consequences that would result from telling me that with 2 weeks to go. I don't really have a great concept of time yet. For 2 weeks I have been crying when I see pictures of Grandma, Dancing and yelling her name when someone knocks on the door, Getting upset when I see planes fly over and even when I can only hear the plane fly over our house! Mom says it is unbelievable... I'm not sure why? I was just excited that Grandma was coming! Yesterday Mom thought it was safe to tell me after I take my nap that we would go pick Grandma up... so I thought an early nap would work best. Around 10am (I only woke up at 9!) I went to my room and got my pillow and blanket, went and laid on the couch, got Mom's attention, pretended to yawn with arms outstretched, and said "Hannah tired Mommy." Mom and Dad think I am very smart... Grandma thinks it's hilarious!

This is me on the way to the airport to pick up Grandma. Dad couldn't believe it! I have a natural head tilt when I pose for pictures! ( Dad said those of you who knew Mom long ago would understand why this is a problem!) It must be genetic!


And of course the "Hannah's Got Talent" face! (Both Hannah Joy and I have perfected this pose in addition to stretching our mouth openings for the ability to fit more jelly beans in next Easter!)

And after picking Grandma up Mom asked what we should do next... I answered "I'd like to eat please," Grandma said "Head to Applebees (It's one of my favorites) and step on it!" Where I enjoyed lemons and grilled cheese! I'm so glad my Grandma is here! I sure Love her!

No comments: