Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hair or No Hair... the earrings make it obvious!

I know.. I know.. it looks awful but let me explain.. :)  One of my duties as a nurse is to hold very wiggly, very strong, very non-understanding, non-reasoning with infants and children during lumbar punctures.  This is a procedure where the doc puts a needle into the space in between the vertebrae in your spine, so important they don't move.  During this procedure they say that their success rate is 90% related to the holder and the position we are able to keep the kiddo in... no pressure there right?  Ha!  Anyways...  The way I see it, as I placed the ears of my twin daughters into the hands of persons that may pierce their necks for all I know, is that their success rate was going to be 90% related to the way I held them down.  It may seem a bit tense in the above pic, but trust me the girls didn't move a hair and we have 4 perfectly pierced ears after only 1 try!  Or technically 2 I suppose!   

Tonight during baths the girls were nothing but smiles and sparkles!  The girls cried approx 30 seconds after the piercing and so far not even a peep, even when touching their ears.  We had Hannah's ears pierced when she was 9 months old (You can check out that post here... Hannah's ear piercing ), so the girls are a little younger but everything went well!  And the earrings Dad picked out look great!  Brooke has purple ones.

And Aspen has pink! 

P.S. Someone else's toy is always better!

No comments: