Tuesday, September 01, 2009

3 months already and the weather is still hot.. hot.. hot!

They say time flies when you're having fun, so that must be the case with a preschooler and infant twins! The girls are 3months old already and it seems like yesterday that I awoke to my water breaking 5 weeks early! They continue to grow in every way possible and it is incredible to watch as they develop into little people! Here they are hanging out in the playpen outside this morning as Hannah and I prepared the pool and backyard for afternoon play. We are going to take advantage of this great weather as long as we can!
The girls frequently hold hands whenever they are next to each other and not bundled. I'm sure it's comforting as well as a habit they began forming while still in my womb!

I am frequently stopped while out by different people asking questions about the twins and life with twins etc... One of the main questions/statements made to me whenever we go out is... "Oh my goodness! I don't know how you do it! How do you survive?" The truth is.... I am able to simply smile and honestly say, "Actually we do better than survive! Life is busy of course, there are 2 babies instead of 1, but my daughter is almost 4 and an incredible helper. I also have a husband who shares middle of the night feeds, morning feeds, daytime feeds, and any other tasks or feeds in between. The girls are great babies and it is so much fun! I love it." They then gain an even more shocked look on their face, which has quickly turned into my favorite part of outings! I always find it odd when people apologize to me for having twins? I don't feel bad about having twins... and even if I did, why would it be their fault and why do they need to apologize for it? Hmmm? My response is... Don't assume someone's life is hard just because you think it should be. God never gives us more than we can handle. At first I was sure He made a mistake because there was no way we could handle twins! And after only 3 short months I realize how wrong I was! We can do more than handle twins... we can have both fun and a great family with them!

The girls favorite tummy time... Staring at Sadie. Who knew a dog could be so useful! ;)

Since we still have phenominal weather Hannah is still able to spend the days outside in the pool! Today I came upon the little daredevil sliding down her slide while sitting on the lid of a bin! When I asked her what she was doing, she responded "I go too fast in my swimsuit... I need to sit down on the rectangle to slow down!" I'm quite positive she was going faster on the bin lid, but whatever floats her boat! She had a blast doing this over and over and all I know is that it was a sure way to guarantee good sleep tonight!
So following are the progression of Hannah sliding down the slide on the bin lid!





No comments: