Monday, April 30, 2012

Hull's Gulch

 I got sent home early from work yesterday so we decided to head to the foothills to hike with the girls.  It was a gorgeous day and we didn't want to waste it inside!  Hull's Gulch is about a 20-25 minute drive away just outside of Boise. 
 I used to take Hannah hiking here when it was just her so I knew the trails were stroller friendly.  Only problem was that what I once remembered as a simple little loop turned out to be an almost 3 mile loop!  Woops!  The girls started off running, but by the end Brooke was asking for "Hugs please!" just so we would pick her up and carry her lol!
 Hiking with the girls is always a treat!  They find enjoyment in the things we adults tend to ignore... 
 One of my favorite things about this hike is that every once in a while, downtown peaks out in between the foothills.  So beautiful!
  • Birds were singing everywhere and the girls were trying to find them in the trees!
 I say this over and over....  But Taylor really is the happiest baby ever!
 2 out of 4 smiling and in the picture... pretty good if you ask me! ;)
 We came across an interpretive center that had some pretty rad artwork!
 We took the girls a little farther than we had intended...  but they were rock stars and did awesome!  If you live in the area and would like a source for family friendly hikes...  Here is the link!  I suggest you get outside and enjoy this beautiful state we live in!  There are so many places to explore!

Yep.... still happy after 3 miles and a very bumpy ride!

No comments: