Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A little bit of sunshine on a cold rainy day

 I don't know about you, but we are ready for some warm and a little bit of sunshine!  Today brought a little cold and rain.... again...  So we decided some rainbow cupcakes might help us feel a little brighter! You can find the recipe here:  Rainbow cake
 It's as simple as adding food coloring to your batter and then layering the colors like the picture above.  The only thing I would suggest to do different than I did, is pouring the purple first and working your way back to the red.  The only reason is that it is more visually pleasing to look at your cupcake and see the rainbow in it's correct order from top to bottom like the eye naturally reads!  (Yes I know I have a few OCD tendencies.  Don't worry I like em'!) 
 But if you don't mind what order your beatiful cupcake comes out in than do it like Hannah.... tye dye style!  Turns out pretty awesome and it's always a surprise!  (P.S.  I Love how Brooke is peaking up over the counter trying to see where she can stick her finger and sneak a lick!)
 Hannah was making a GIANT cupcake in the new molds that her Grandma Daurer sent on her birthday in November!
 This picture cracks me up because I caught all 3 of them trying to lick the bowls!  We left the kitchen for a second and Hannah (obviously) was licking a bowl while Aspen and Brooke tried to combine forces to reach another one!  This pic was Aspens response when she caught me slowly peaking over the counter to catch them in the act!
 Hannah was nice enough to given them a single "drip" for both to share on one spoon!  Ha!
 Here are the beautiful results!  Love these cupcakes, so fun!
 And let the fun begin!  (Don't worry it's a bath night and 1 hour before bed.  They'll be clean and will have come down from the sugar high before we have to worry about it!)
 Hannah and I will team up in the cupcake wars when she gets bigger!  :)





So if you need a little homemade sunshine, try out this recipe.  It's sure to make you smile!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Those are beautiful!! How fun!

Greta said...

FUN!!