Friday, June 04, 2010

Quickly approaching the twins first birthday and time only seems to go faster!

On June 8, 2010 we will be celebrating the twins first year of life!  That's right.... they made it and we survived it! :)  This last year has brought nothing but challenges, joy, tears, and fun.  We have loved EVERY moment of it....  but phew, I sure am tired.  Really hoping this next year brings sleep!



Thought I'd share a few picks from dinnertime at our house.  It is nothing short of messy anymore and sometimes we just embrace the moment instead of worrying about stains, baths, or mopping the floor.... again. 


The twins LOVED our noodle fest.  I couldn't help but remember the time I pulled a super long noodle out of my nephew Jack's intestines as he gagged on the other end still in his throat!  Did we learn from that?  Nope, cause short noodles are no fun!  But don't worry no gags here...  the girls handled their noodles with grace.  Grace on their heads, grace on the floor, grace in their chairs, and even grace in their diapers which I still don't understand because they had on onsies and pants!  You can see by Aspens nose that the girls are beginning to wear their battle wounds from their frequent attempts to walk!  Oh no!


Trouble... that's what we started on this particular night.  Brooke is particularly fond of food on her head now!  Good thing we save bathtime for AFTER dinner!



And yes it has happened again...  we have hosted yet another plague in our home.  Isn't it summer yet?  I don't know how many more sore throats, coughs, and runny noses I can handle!  I know Hannah looks miserable and it looks as though she is hosting a tropical disease in her eyeballs.  I'm pretty sure she was.  All I am going to say about this is that her eyeballs are fixed and she still has her vision intact.  Thank you Dr.Andrews...  I hate weekends, in particular long weekends like Memorial Day weekend when the only way to seek care is through 3 Urgent Care Visits and 1 ER visit.  All I have to say is Ugh...  sure glad that week and a half is over! 

Bring on the hot weather baby!  We are ready for some pool time!  Goodbye old man winter, I'd be happy to only visit you in the future.  I see California in our future.  Oh how I longed for California last week. :)

No comments: