Sunday, May 10, 2009

Soccer pictures and 31 week update!

Here she is! Soccer player extraordinaire! With a fake/forced smile that is! :) It's funny because during pictures they wouldn't allow parents near the camera. I suppose some parents can get a little crazy regarding pictures... I would have just suggested they ask Hannah to say "Monkeyyyyyyy.." to avoid the fake snarl pictured above! ;) Either way we think she's the cutest soccer player ever!

Here is Hannah and her team (minus 1, Gracie)... 3yr old soccer is the cutest thing ever and we enjoy every game! Next week is the final game for the spring season though and then we move on! Maybe swimming since the warm weather is well in season? Who knows! We'll keep you updated!

And yet another eventful week with the twins, that has left me on "Modified Bed rest" and Nifedipine every 6hrs around the clock!
I had my regularly scheduled appointment on Wednesday where everything checked out perfectly! My doctor wanted me to go to the hospital for a "Non stress test" on Friday (they have better equipment to monitor twins more quickly) and expected to be there anywhere from 1-3hrs depending on how many active labors, triage patients, etc.. that were there. Well after being hooked up with double the normal equipment (in order to monitor both babes at the same time) and as they asked me the typical questions.. the nurse asked me if I had been contracting. I easily responded no as I have not had any. It was then that the nurse (who is also a co-worker and friend since I am delivering on the same unit where I work) informed me I was contracting every 2-3minutes and she quickly went to call my doctor.
She almost instantly returned with an injection of Terbutaline which left me jittery, breathless, and with a super fast heartbeat.... but it did stop the contractions. For approx 20minutes that is. My doctor arrived and completed a fetal fibronectin test which came back negative. (In singleton pregnancies it has a 98% accuracy rate to determine if you will go into labor in the next two weeks.... so this definitely brought some peace to mind)
After multiple interventions etc... and almost 9hrs later My contractions were anywhere from 1-10 minutes or so and my cervix remained closed, thick, and high. At that point my doctor discharged me on the Nifedipine (to keep my contractions under control if not stopped) and specific orders for a modified bed rest.
Naughty... naughty... girls! It is definitely too early and although we would love to meet them, we don't want to yet! They need to cook and grow at least 5-6 more weeks at the least! My next appointment is on Wednesday (unless I begin contracting 6 or more times in 1hr) and it is then that we will find out if this bed rest is until the end or if I can have a little more freedom for the next 5-6 weeks! Either way I still feel great and things are going well... heck I didn't even know I was contracting! If only labor will be like that too! :)

No comments: