Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Twinsanity!

Well I can't complain... Hannah and I got to see the twins again today! But... I feel like I have done over 3million situps and am in the 9th month of my pregnancy, that was the reason for our visit today! Just wanted to make sure all of this abnormal stuff that popped up over the past 3 days was actually normal... for twins that is. All of my aches and pains were easily explained when my doctor said I am measuring at 25weeks right now! (I am still in my 16th week!) Sooooooooo... what that means... it should feel like I've done just about 3million situps since everything is growning double and at such a fast rate! Comforting to know... I think! So we got to bring home a couple of pics and will have another ultrasound in 2 weeks! I'm hoping to find out the sex then (if they cooperate) but if any of you want to know... you're gonna have to start working on John! He's still standing strong that he wants to wait! Crazy man!

Above is Baby A.. He/She is hanging out on the right side in my lower abdomen. Hannah and I got to see lots of kicks and even jumps! At some point he/she even had hiccups and Hannah laughed as she saw the baby bouncing around! The black circle that looks like it is in the belly of the baby is actually it's bladder... there was no fluid around the kidney's so that means the baby is already urinating which is great! The doc checked almost all out and everything looked great!

What is this above picture? Well that is Baby B, who was not willing to turn for the camera at all! So if you look closely you can see the spine on the top and follow around to the right to see the baby's head. He/She is facing down in this picture, you can follow the outline of the nose etc.. All checked out well for this baby too! For some reason the babies like the right side more than the left and this baby is currently sitting on top of Baby A and is already partly under my ribs which is why it was so difficult to get a good pic. The doc didn't want to have to break my ribs to do it.... I can appreciate that!


On Monday at work we snuck in the triage room and dopplered the babies heartrates which were both nice and stroong coming in at 138 and 153! It was lots of fun! So my next appointment is in exactly 2 weeks. We will do another ultrasound then in addition to the typical stuff. The one thing we are watching closely is the placenta. Today it was hard to confirm that they weren't sharing a placenta. There's a good possibility that both placentas are smooshed together, we're hoping to find out more in 2 weeks. If the babies were to share a placenta, it presents the risk of whats called "Twin to twin transfusion syndrome" and basically that means one twin takes all of the nutrients and fluid etc... while the other baby gets not so much causing problems with quite a bit of stuff. Right now the babies are growing at the same rate and both super strong. So far so good and chances are the placentas are just smooshed together! Anyways.. this has turned into a really long blog and it's time for lunch! Check out the survey to the upper right of the screen in the border and vote! I'm going to try and use it to encourage John to find out!


1 comment:

Randy and Danielle said...

I was talking to him about it last night... I am totally with you on this one / twins = serious need for preparation! We are covering you guys (all of you) in prayer! It was good to lip read last night... maybe we should go for a walk next week, its supposed to be warmer!