Wednesday, September 10, 2008

These boots were made for hiking...

and that's just what we'll do! In preparation for a Hannah's first extended trip! Yep that's right... 5 days and 4 nights in the backcountry! We've been invited to help plan and attend our churches School of Excellence backcountry trip! (I am going to be the "Just in case anything bad happens Nurse") It will be like no extended trip I've ever experienced though! There will be horses and mules to carry our gear, luxurious and warm sleeping tents, and the best food we've ever eaten while camping! Well that is at least what we will have! I cannot say the same for the 39 School of Excellence students! I cannot reveal what they will and won't have (until after the trip!) but let me tell you, after being involved with the planning of the trip, I would not miss the ability to witness it for the world! John has to work and hasn't quite decided what feeling = jealous + sad that he can't go! It really is that good! If you don't know what SOE is check it out here... http://www.flc4me.com/Ministries/School+of+Excellence/default.aspx

So we bought Hannah her first pair of official hiking boots and are having a blast breaking them in. When she proudly brought them to John to show them off he said "Wow Hannah! We need to break those in!" as to which she replied... "No Papi! I don't want you break my boots!" We had a great laugh after that one!

Here is Hannah proudly displaying her bag of craft supplies she collected along the way during today's hike. Craft time has become a necessary daily event!


Jumping, jumping, jumping, is what Hannah likes to do best!

If Hannah has anything to do with it, She'll definitely have these boots worn (not broken) in by the trip!



3 comments:

jjschulz said...

Looks like fun! You guys are going to have a blast. I will settle for hearing about it afterwards, though! =) Take lots of pictures for me.

John, Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Lots of pictures I will take! There will need to be evidence that they actually made it through alive! =)

Stacie said...

Hi Christina, I just got done posting a similar tile for Canyon...how funny! I sent you an email to an email other than your normal one...I got it off of Mothers United. We'd love to have you here!! We are in Fort Collins. If you don't get the email...let me know and I will try to round up your rodeo email.

Take care,

Stacie