Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Fun!

Wow is Easter fun! I got to pet a funny looking dog at church today. My mom said her name was baby lamb. She felt very different from Sadie.

And then the Easter bunny showed up at our classroom door! He knew best to keep his distance and not try to come into our room because we would have all freaked out and then our parents would have had to leave the church service to calm us down!


Then we went to David's house and had an Easter egg hunt that ended with smashing all of the Easter eggs on the ground once we realized the shells broke! It was fun! David started walking on all of the eggs and covered the bottom of his shoes with egg yolk!


We even got to decorate Easter cookies! They were so good! I had to taste some of David's though cause everything he has just looks better than mine and I want it!



Our Mom's dressed us up again to try and take pictures of us... what were they thinking! They even tried to bribe us with more sugar! As you can see it didn't work we just wanted the candy!




Then after all this fun they sat us down and told us that none of this was what Easter was really about! I was shocked! Mom said that because of what was accomplished on that first Easter morning, this is the greatest day in all of history. This is the day we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. He had been crucified and was buried for three days. His sacrifice was the primary purpose of his short life. It was freely given for us all. Now that I know that, Easter is even more my favorite holiday! I just hope we have fun every Easter like we did today!













Matthew 21:16
"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read," 'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'."

1 comment:

Chris and Jenni said...

Hannah Grace,
Dave wasn't joking when he said that you guys saw a 6 ft. bunny! WOW... way to capture that on camera. I defiantly think you applied wisdom to the situation by not going to close to the huge bunny. My mom tells me that wisdom comes with age, you must be getting older.
Sam